A rich & diversified career path, including:
• Over 35 years of senior executive roles in the global water & wastewater industry, with direct experience across the Americas, Europe, Australia, the Middle East & North Africa, in a wide range of industrial, municipal and commercial development sectors
• Experience in the academic sector as the founder & initial director of a college-based environmental technology institute and as a professor in civil engineering
• 12 years in the primary steel & steel construction sectors
• A successful track record in establishing and managing complex businesses around the world, with full P&L responsibility in excess of $100 million per year
• Deep-domain expertise & experience in leading edge technologies for the treatment of water & wastewater, water reuse, resource recovery and waste minimization, including advanced membrane technologies, sludge-to-energy conversion, phosphorus recovery and
solutions for energy footprint reduction
• Extensive experience in working with early-stage, advanced technology firms in North America, Europe, Israel and New Zealand, helping them move from concept to commercial success with their products & processes
• Key advisor to a range of firms, from early-stage spin-offs to global multinationals, on technology & business assessment, business development, mergers & acquisitions, corporate development and project management.
Jim is CEO of Enereau Systems Group Inc., Vice-President Enereau B.V, and serves on the Advisory Boards for the Pictet Water Fund and Aquafortus Technologies Ltd.
Prior to his current activities, Jim was Managing Director of JWH Consulting GmbH, Chairman of Aquarion AG, Commercial for BluMetric Environmental Inc., Head of International Business Development for the Water Membrane Division of LG Electronics; Managing Director for Ostara Europe; Vice President at Toray Membrane Europe and Toray Membrane USA; Senior Vice President – EMEA for ZENON Environmental (later part of GE Water); Founding Director of the Sheridan Environmental Technology Institute; President of Pyxis Systems Group Inc.; Vice President at Kontek Ecology Systems and Manager of Market Development Engineering for the Algoma Steel Corporation.