Purchase This Webinar - US$395
Interactive BlueTech® Webinar Series provide insight and analysis from international experts on key emerging water industry topics across our 4 practice areas. Experts present on current markets, technologies, regulations and opportunities, providing you with an in-depth, comprehensive overview of the webinar topic. The Q&A session allows you to interact with industry-leading experts, affording you the opportunity to fully explore the topic area.Buy Webinar
Webinar For Member View Only
Only BlueTech® Research Clients have full access.
The BlueTech® Research Webinars focus on key opportunities and emerging trends in water technologies. Each webinar brings together leading experts from around the globe to provide insight and analysis into particular niche areas in the water technology market.
The webinar format enables you to listen and watch presentations on demand wherever you happen to be. Each webinar is moderated by a technology expert in the area and we aim to ensure these discussions are focused and to the point, and are lively and engaging.
- Insights from leading world experts streamed to your computer on demand.
- Intelligent and succinct analysis and discussion.
- Up to date information on the hottest topics in water technologies.
February 22 2012; 11:00 – 12.30 EST / 16:00 – 17:30 BST
Moderator: Dr. Tim Evans, Principal, Tim Evans Environment; Member of O2 Technology Assessment Group
- Prof. David Stuckey, Professor of Biochemical Engineering, Imperial College London
- Carla Frijters, Process Technologist, Paques BV
- Shannon Grant, Process Specialist, ADI Systems Inc.
- Prof. em. Dr. ir. Willy Verstraete, Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University
Advances in biotechnology and process design are enabling anaerobic treatment to extend its reach into new applications and market areas. The combination of ultrafiltration membranes with anaerobic systems is enabling water re-use quality effluent standards to be attained.
These developments are leading to a new generation of technologies. One of the key attributes of anaerobic systems is that they overcome two of the fundamental weaknesses of aerobic systems: energy use and sludge production.
As energy prices rise and sludge management costs increase, there is an increasing focus on how anaerobic treatment technologies can be used to treat wastewaters and produce re-use quality wastewater and generate biogas. Historically anaerobic technologies have been used mainly for high strength wastewater, and have not been able to produce the same quality effluents as aerobic systems. This is changing.
In the industrial setting, wastewaters are becoming more concentrated as industry moves to reduce water consumption and recycle water on-site. In the municipal sector we are also likely to see more concentrated wastewaters in cities as water consumption decreases and surface water is excluded from sewers.
This webinar will focus on where the innovation is occurring in anaerobic treatment and how much new market penetration we can expect to see when this innovation is successful.
You will hear from leading research groups as well as leading water technology companies.
The presentations will provide insights into the following:
- Anaerobic bioreactors – status of the technology;
- Potential application of anaerobic treatment to municipal wastewater;
- New companies active in this space; and
- Future directions and market impacts of next generation anaerobic biological technologies